a healthy breakfast alternative
Having company and want a beautiful spread? I recommend introducing yogurt parfaits to your repertoire. This super easy breakfast/brunch item is delicious, healthy and adds a punch of color to any table. Get creative and serve this in all different kinds of glasses and bowls for added flair.
- Yield: 5
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 0 minutes
- 32 Oz Vanilla Yogurt, low fat
- 10 Strawberries
- 2/3 Cup Granola
1. Start by adding 4 heaping tablespoons full of yogurt to your cup.
2. Next, add a layer of fruit – I like to use strawberries or raspberries. If you are using strawberries, cut them into quarters by cutting off the green tops, then put the flat side down (where the top used to be) and slice the strawberry lengthwise in half, and then lengthwise in half again.
3. Sprinkle the tops with granola – to taste – about 2 tablespoons of granola is what I recommend.
- Really any fruit will work in this recipe. Pick one with lots of color to add punch to your table!
- Serve this in wine glasses or martini glasses to enhance the presentation.