What’s Hot: Branding Yourself for Long-Term Success
If you have just stumbled upon our website or have not had the opportunity to catch What’s Hot with Molly, Kelly and Caitlin live each week – great news! you have come to the right place. Thanks to the fabulous podcasting services, each and every episode of What’s Hot has been captured by podcast recording. Listen as you work out, listen as you cook, heck just listen as you clean, but be sure to listen in! I guarantee you, you will learn a thing or two.
Every week we, the girls of Cooking with Caitlin, get to talk to people who are engaged in the community, engaged in their cause, and really just engaged in life in general. It is a fascinating and amazing position to be in – to get to learn from new people each week. We are quite lucky indeed. And, at the end of the show, we talk food, glorious food (of course).
This week’s podcast production speaks to the importance of creating a brand out of yourself. Yes, create a brand otherwise known as YOU. Consider this episode your very own meeting with a bunch of branding consultants. For those seeking business podcasts or a marketing podcast, this is for you. Especially in today’s world, we know that people are rethinking their careers, reinventing themselves and working every day to keep the future bright and in focus. We certainly enjoyed the refresher course on branding, and think it is a great message for those young and old.
Our special guest, Mary Crawford is President and CEO of C&C and Associates. C&C and Associates provides job readiness, training, workshops as well as foreclosure and mortgage default counseling. C&C and Associates is a business that is only 2 years old, has grown exponentially, and is greatly influencing non-profit organizations around the country (with international expansion on the horizon??). Not only is Mary a successful business woman, she is an inspirational leader. She exudes passion and purpose and is extremely engaging.
Mary came prepared with a Top 10 List on how to Brand Yourself, a list that we think any branding company could get behind.
1. Speak it and live it – Create a 30-second elevator speech to tell the world who you are and what you are all about. If you can’t say it, no one can.
2. Create a marketing budget and splash your brand all over – consider tee shirts or notepads to help remind people how special you are. They can be fun and entertaining.
3. Start blogging and writing about your passion. Who knows what will unveil itself to you? Who knows who you can help or what positive effect you may have on people?
4. Use existing contacts to create synergy and energy. Tap into those who know and love you to help you.
5. Challenge yourself by doing something outside the box for extraordinary results.
6. Don’t be afraid to fall, fail, or be broke, because it’s only temporary. “Nothing beats a failure but a try.”
7. Know and believe that you are a winner. As hokey as that sounds, we all need to be reminded of that from time to time.
8. Read and learn from those you respect.
9. Secure a mentor. No matter how old or young you are, secure a mentor.
10. Listen to your inner voice and ask God for guidance.
To get the full effect, you really should listen to this podcast recording.
And now for the FOOD: You have the opportunity learn just what our classically trained Chef, Caitlin, does for dinner each week. Learn how to re-purpose food found in your fridge for delicious leftovers…you’ll never know they were leftovers.
Just what ingredients does Caitlin always keep on hand? Listen in to find out.