Chicken and Waffle Sandwich Recipe
a lunch sandwich inspired by a breakfast ingredient
If you are like me, sometimes you can’t decide between having lunch or breakfast. So, to fix this, I decided to combine the two and came up with a delicious version of a chicken and waffle sandwich. This is super easy to make (takes just minutes) and fantastic combination of flavors. For more waffle sandwiches try the Pumpkin and Waffle Sandwich and the Hot Ham and Stilton Waffle Sandwich.
- Yield: 3 Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 2 minutes
- 6 Frozen Cinnamon Waffles
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Pound of Roasted Chicken Deli Meat
- 3 Slices Havarti Cheese
- 2 Chipotle Peppers
1. First, we will make the chipotle mayonnaise. Combine a cup of 1/2 cup mayonnaise with the finely diced chipotle peppers. Mix together and set aside.
2. Defrost your waffles (either set them out ahead of time or throw them in the microwave on defrost mode).
3. Then, assemble the sandwich. Smear one waffle with about a tablespoon (or to your liking) of the chipotle mayonnaise. Layer a healthy amount of chicken – I like 6 pieces per sandwich – followed by 1 piece of Havarti cheese. Put the second waffle on top to close the sandwich!
4. Put your sandwich on a cookie sheet and place under a broiler – one minute each side. Or, just pop it in a toaster oven until the waffles are nice and toasty and the cheese has melted slightly.
5. Serve and enjoy!
- Visit Taste from Belgium at Findlay Market if you are in Cincinnati! Cut one the waffles in half to make the sandwich!
online cooking class