Tortilla-Crusted Baked Chicken Tenders
Elevate the everyday with this simple recipe. Turn the chicken nuggets your family knows and loves into something extra special with a little Greek yogurt and some crispy tortilla chips. Have fun with the dippers too. Instead of ketchup or mustard, serve them with a side of salsa or guacamole. You can see in the pictures that we served them with a shot of cold Gazpacho in the middle of summer. In an instant, a kid’s favorite became one sensational appetizer.
chicken nugget recipe
- Yield: 15 Pieces
- Prep Time: 20-30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 Minutes
chicken nugget ingredients
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 9-12-Ounce Bag Tortilla Chips
- 1 Lime
- Salt & Pepper
chicken nugget directions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean your chicken and cut into 2-inch pieces; try to get all the chicken the same thickness so all the pieces cook evenly.
- Season the raw chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt and whole milk. In a food processor, blend the tortilla chips to the consistency of breadcrumbs; pour into a second bowl.
- Next, dredge the chicken in the yogurt mixture. Toss each piece into the tortilla crumbs; roll until all sides of the chicken are covered.
- Place the chicken on a cookie sheet and then into the preheated oven. Let cook 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is firm and finished cooking.
- When the nuggets are finished, remove from the oven and serve hot.
chicken nugget tips and tricks
- Using corn chips for a crust is a great option instead of classic breadcrumbs. Intensify flavor by using flavored chips like cool ranch or nacho cheese.