Top 10 Nutritional Tips to get you Summer Ready – by Sweat!
The Top 10 list and some tips from Caitlin when it comes to food choices.
Sweat’s Top 10 Nutritional Tips to get you Summer Ready!
- 1. Eat 5-6 meals a day.
- 2. Eat Protein at every meal.
- 3. Don’t force yourself to eat healthy food you don’t like. Be creative & keep trying different recipes and different recipe combinations until you find a variety of healthy foods you look forward to eating.
- 4. Limit eating out to 1 time a week, and when you do, order something healthy (might I suggest that white fish is a great option).
- 5. Never tell yourself you can’t have something. When you do this it leads to overindulging. You can always have the foods you love, just less frequently and in smaller portions.
- 6. Protein Shakes are an essential snack & clean calories. They should be in your daily regimen.
- 7. Nuts & Nut Butters are great for satiety, just watch your portions.
- 8. In a 1 week time frame eat as clean as possible 90% of the time and indulge 10%, but remember small portions.
- 9. Limit the damage of unhealthy foods by increasing your workout intensity, do more in the same amount of time or do your full workout in less time.
- 10. Prepare and plan! You need to shop ahead of time & have a regimented nutritional plan. You should be prepared & know what you are going to eat for a full week at a time. Just make minor adjustments each week till you get the mix of foods that you like & fit into your routine.
Caitlin’s Culinary Tips
Eating a Healthy Diet
I have been working hard, making healthy eating decisions and following Danielle’s advice. Because of this, I am happy to tell you that I am so close to being bathing suit ready (dare I even say bikini-ready – it’s been since 2005 since I’ve worn a bikini. Note – I graduated high school that year). After three months of working hard, I am so close. And, I am happy to report that because of the hard work, I now feel comfortable wearing sleeveless shirts.
I wanted to share a few tips when it comes to food choices I have been making:
Greek Yogurt Recipes
I am constantly finding new ways to use greek yogurt in my recipes – and because it is loaded with protein, it is so good for you.
Subsitute greek yogurt for mayonnaise and sour cream. Top tacos with greek yogurt instead of sour cream. I use greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise for chipotle mayonnaise. Truly, it is equally as delicious and better for you!
Buy Cottage Cheese
You can do much the same with cottage cheese. Substitute cottage cheese for sour cream on a baked potato.
For a snack, dice a fresh tomato and bring cottage cheese to work for a healthy afternoon snack.
Easy to Make Dessert
Here are a few easy to make dessert options that will not put you over the edge in calories for the day.
Almond Butter and Berries
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Danielle Korb owns Sweat Training, a personal training studio on Montgomery Road in Pleasant Ridge. Danielle’s passion for health and fitness combined with 12 years experience of coaching/personal training has helped her to create a company that is truly unique. At Sweat Training we train people that crave the desire to train like an athlete and we specialize in high intensity and resistance training.
At Sweat Training our boot camps & personal training are designed to challenge both men & women, training everyone in small groups to create a team atmosphere. This atmosphere creates camaraderie, competition, encouragement, motivation & affordability. At Sweat Training our clients are more like teammates & our trainers like coaches. This is a great place to train with your significant other & be social with friends. No Contract Obligation & Pay as you go. Trialing a Session is FREE for Rookies. Follow us on Facebook, Danielle Korb Sweat or call 513.Go.Sweat.