Tallegio Grilled Cheese with Chorizo
This recipe stacks all of our favorite flavors into one creamy, crispy, spicy sandwich. Tallegio is our pick of the weepy and deliciously stinky cheeses, but feel free to spread something milder, like brie, onto your version of this recipe. Play with the heat, too, by adjusting the amount of red pepper flakes you add to the homemade chorizo.
Pass these to guests as a warm appetizer. Or, plate a pair of sandwiches to match a mug of soup for supper.
tallegio grilled cheese with chorizo recipe
- Yield: 12-15 sandwiches
- Prep Time: 20-30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
gourmet grilled cheese ingredients
- 1 lb. Ground Pork
- 1/4 tsp. Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Ground Paprika
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Ground Coriander
- 1/2 tsp. Sugar
- 1/4 cup Red Wine
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Baguette
- 1-2 wedges Tallegio
- Softened Butter
- Quick Pickled Asparagus
tallegio grilled cheese recipe
- Mix together the pork, black pepper, kosher salt, paprika, cumin, coriander, sugar, wine, garlic, and red pepper flakes; transfer to a sauté pan and crumble as it cooks.
- Prep the rest of your ingredients: thinly slice the baguette on the bias and smear half of the slices with tallegio (as much or as little as you like).
- Top the tallegio-smeared slices with a spoonful of the crumbled chorizo and place another piece of bread on top . Repeat until all the sandwiches are made.
- Next, spread one side of the sandwiches with butter and place butter side down on a preheated griddle. As the sandwiches toast, smear the second side with butter. Once the first side is golden brown, flip and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the hot sandwiches from the heat and finish each one with a spear of pickled asparagus. Serve right away.
grilled cheese tips and tricks
- To save time you can butter the griddle instead of each sandwich — but be generous with the butter so each sandwich gets a taste.