Sweet Potato Sandwich
I wanted to combine the earthy flavors of a sweet potato with the smokey and salty flavors of the bacon, hence the Sweet Potato Sandwich was born. One bite and you will be hooked on this surprising sandwich.
sweet potato sandwich cooking information
- Yield: 1 Dozen
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 60-90 Minutes
sweet potato sandwich ingredients
- 1 Dozen Dinner Rolls
- 4 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 1/4 Cup Tahini Paste
- 1 Tb Cajun Season
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Bacon Marmalade
- Romano Lettuce
sweet potato sandwich instruction
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes and stab them with a fork on all sides of the potatoes. Place in the oven and let cook 1 hour or until they are tender.
- Once the potatoes are tender, remove from the oven and let cool. When they are cool, scoop the meat of the potato into a mixing bowl.
- Add the Cajun seasoning, whole wheat flour, and tahini paste to the sweet potatoes and mash potatoes together.
- Empty the panko breadcrumbs to a bowl. Spoon 2 ounces of sweet potatoes into the panko breadcrumbs and push the breadcrumbs into the potatoes. Form into patties.
- Next, place the sweet potatoes on a dry saute pan to toast up the panko and heat through the sweet potatoes. Flip and cook the other side.
- Finally, assemble te sandwiches. Cut the buns in half, smear the bottom with bacon marmalade, top with fresh Romaine lettuce and finish with the sweet potato patty. Serve while hot and enjoy!
sweet potato sandwich tips and tricks
- The sweet potatoes can be roasted and flavored in advance. Toss with panko breadcrumbs and cook right before you are ready to serve to make it delicious.
- If you aren’t interested in making the bacon marmalade you can always substitute it with chipotle mayonnaise of even simple maple syrup for a sweet take on the sandwich.
GD Star Rating