Stuffed Turkey Burger
Bite into brilliance with this lean, mean sandwich machine. With a killer sauce and surprise of cheese, it drives home juiciness and flavor unheard-of on the lot of turkey burgers. Fire up your kitchen’s engines by assembling a platter on any given Tuesday. And later, make a pit stop to catch up on the rest of the good stuff loaded in the Back-to-School edition of Kroger’s MyMagazine extras app.
turkey burgers recipe cooking information
- Yield: About 4 Burgers
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10-15 Minutes
turkey burgers ingredients
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey
- ¼ Cup Oriental Wok Sesame Sauce
- 1 Low-Fat Mozzarella String Cheese, cut into 4 equal portions
- 4 Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns
- Lettuce, Tomato, Onion (optional)
turkey burgers recipe instruction
- In a small mixing bowl, use your hands to combine the ground turkey and Oriental Wok Sesame Sauce.
- Portion the meat into 4 equal burgers. Roll the meat into a ball. Using your thumb, create a well in the center of the ball of meat. Place the cheese in the middle and fold the meat over the top. Seal the edges so no cheese is exposed.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Cook the burgers, letting them form a crust on the bottom. Flip and sear the other side. Add a lid, reduce the heat to medium, and let finish cooking.
- While the burgers are cooking, toast the buns, slice the tomatoes and onions, and clean the lettuce.
- Serve on whole-wheat buns. Refrigerate any leftovers.
turkey burgers tips and tricks
- Ground turkey is a great, healthy base for a burger, but it tends to dry out quickly. I like to add a sauce to the meat and a hunk of cheese to the middle for flavor, but also for extra moisture.