a sweet and sour treat
From the outside, this strawberry appears to be topped with whipped cream, but take one bite and a surprise awaits. In the spirit of Halloween, I was looking to spruce up an old favorite. This has a little trick to the treat. Also give Rainbow Rice Krispies Treats a try for a spruced up old favorite.
- Yield: 12 – 18
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 0 minutes
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla
- 2 Containers of Strawberries
- 1 Box Sour Patch Kids
1. Make the Fresh Whipped Cream (see recipe instructions)
2. With a paring knife, carve out the middle of the strawberry.
3. Place a Sour Patch Kid in the center of the strawberry, cover with the whipped cream and serve.
- You can substitute other candy – Pop Rocks could be a fun surprise. Or, a Hershey’s Kiss.