Strawberry Sage Sauce
a sweet little topper
Add a splash of pink, and a sweet-savory kiss to just about any simple dessert with this super easy sauce. Fresh herbs bring out the best in any berry, and really temper the sweetness as well. Elevate the final course in one drizzle. This sauce goes great on Champagne Granita for a special occasion.
- Yield: 2 Cups of Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 Carton Fresh Strawberries (approximately 2-3 cups)
- 1 Cup Water
- 4 Fresh Sage Leaves
1. Prepare your strawberries. Clean, remove the stems, and quarter them.
2. In a medium-sized saucepot, add strawberries, water, and sage. Bring to a boil.
3. Once the strawberries have broken down, and the water has reduced, turn off the heat and let cool.
4. When the mixture has cooled, puree to a fine consistency with a blender.
5. Store, serve, enjoy.
- This is a super versatile simple sauce recipe. Substitute raspberries or blueberries for the strawberries. And use any fresh herb instead of the sage – rosemay and thyme are both nice as well.
- This tops a simple vanilla cake, scoop of ice cream, or my Champagne Granita perfectly.
- When stored in an air-tight container, this may be made 2-3 days in advance.