Spicy Peanut Soup
This four-ingredient recipe may be thrown together in just minutes using everyday ingredients. Play with fun garnishes like sour cream or Greek yogurt to cut the spiciness of the soup, roughly chopped peanuts to add texture, and leaves of torn cilantro for color and freshness.
spicy peanut soup
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
spicy peanut soup ingredients
- 1 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Chipotle Pepper + Adobo Sauce from can
peanut soup recipe
- Combine the peanut butter, chicken stock, chipotle pepper, and some of the adobo sauce from the can in a blender. Blend together to your preferred consistency.
- Transfer to a small sauce pot or a microwavable dish and warm through. Serve and enjoy!
last-minute soup tips and tricks
- Chipotle peppers packed in adobe sauce can be found in the international aisle of most grocery stores. With the peppers are onions also. Depending on how much heat you can handle, add 1-2 peppers to the recipe or just a spoonful of the sauce in the can at a time.
- To make this vegetarian/vegan you can substitute the chicken stock with vegetable stock.
- This soup can also be made right in the saucepot with an immersion blender.