Revolutionize good ol’ fashioned barbecue and slaw — turn them into a crispy sandwich with a kicky layer of pimiento spread! Stack it all year round, and especially in the summer when picnic leftovers fill your fridge. With crunchy chips and a wedge of dill pickle, you’ve got a can’t-miss meal for the whole family.
southern sandwich cooking information
- Yield: 3 Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 10-15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
southern sandwich ingredients
- 6 Slices Kroger White Bread
- Kroger Butter Spread
- 1 Tub of Kroger Barbecue, warmed
- 1 Recipe of Pimiento Cheese
- 1 Recipe of Slaw
southern sandwich recipe instruction
- First, place your favorite non-stick pan on the stove top and turn to medium heat.
- While the pan is warming up, assemble your sandwiches: Smear one slice of bread with pimiento cheese spread, top with warmed barbecue, finish with the slaw, and top with another piece of bread.
- Spread the butter on the outside of both pieces of bread. Place in the pan.
- Cook the first side until it becomes golden brown and crispy – approximately 1 minute depending on how hot your pan is.
- Flip and cook the second side until it is perfect too. Slice, serve and enjoy!
southern sandwich recipe tips and tricks
- For this recipe I used the pulled pork option, but there is also a pulled beef option. You can’t go wrong either way. Whichever you choose, be sure to warm it up before you assemble your sandwich because it will help melt the pimento cheese, and also because you aren’t cooking the sandwich long enough to warm it all the way through otherwise.
- If you want to make these a little in advance I would recommend assembling and then frying to order. Less time in the kitchen, more time with your guests.