Smoked Turkey Appetizer
oven not required
For the person who is not big on actually using the stove or the oven, this smoked turkey appetizers is for you. The fresh, crisp taste of rosemary, combined with the smokey cheddar cheese and turkey really brings out a great flavor.
- Yield: 15
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 2 minutes
- 4 Pieces Classic White Bread
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary, plus a sprig to break up and use for garnish.
- 1 Pound Thinly Sliced Smoked Turkey Breast
- 4 Pieces Smoked Cheddar Cheese
1. Lightly toast the white bread.
2. In a food processor, combine the rosemary and the mayonnaise. Be sure to remove the rosemary leaves from the stem. Pulse until the big woody pieces are finely chopped.
3. Smear the toast with the rosemary mayonnaise and top with a piece of cheese.
4. Cut the toast into squares or triangles – or whatever shape you would like.
5. Fold one piece of turkey breast per bread.
6. Garnish with one sprig of rosemary.
7. Serve and enjoy!
- To cut your bread into a circular shape, use the top of a baby bottle!
- If you have them on hand, you can substitue a craisin (a sweetened dried cranberry) instead of the rosemary garnish. The color and flavor is beautiful.
- The pictures shows this without the garnish!