If you have ever been to Cincinnati, are thinking of visiting Cincinnati or even mention Cincinnati to a food-loving fan, chances are, you have heard of Skyline Chili. A little known fact about Caitlin is – when she was in high school she worked there. And because of this, there has always been a special place in her heart – and her culinary repertoire for Skyline. Hence the Skyline Sammie was born. This mouthwatering, super easy, close your eyes to enjoy it flank steak recipe takes some of the best of Cincinnati to new levels. Try our other Skyline Chili recipes Skyline Pizza and Skyline Burger for more chili dishes.
- Yield: 4-6 Hearty Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 2 Cans Skyline Chili
- 1.5-2 Pounds Flank Steak
- 1 Loaf of Beer Bread or 1 Baguette
- 1 Cup Cream Cheese
1. In a baking dish, combine your flank steak and 2 cans of Skyline Chili. Let marinate as long as you can! (I have only let it marinate for 20 minutes and it was still good.)
2. Slice your bread into 1 inch thick slices, or if you are using good old white bread toast it for 1 minute or so.
3. Once your bread is prepared, smear a healthy amount of cream cheese per slice.
4. After the steak has had time to marinate, wipe the excess chili and throw on the steak on a hot grill. Cook for 10 minutes until you flip it.
5. When the 10 minutes have passed flip and cook another 10 minutes.
6. Once the steak is finished cooking, let rest 5 minutes.
7. After the steak is finished resting, thinly slice and place the steak slices on top of the bread and cream cheese and enjoy!
Skyline Chili can be purchased online for those who live out of town (http://www.cincinnatifavorites.com/skylinechili.php). We guarantee that you’ve tasted nothing like it before.
online cooking classSkyline Sammies,