Roasted Tomatoes Recipe
a vibrant vegetable tomatoes
The vibrant red color of a roasted tomato brightens up a plate that is just lacking that certain something. At least in my family, roasted tomatoes have always been considered to be a special treat. I am not sure why though, as they are extremely easy to prepare…
- Yield: 5 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- 5 Vine ripened fresh tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Italian Seasoning
1. Slice tomatoes in half.
2. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and garlic.
3. Bake at 400 degrees until tomatoes are tender – approximately 45 minutes to an hour.
- Substitute roma tomatoes with cherry tomato if you are looking for a garnish. You will not need to cook for as long!
- You know when your tomatoes are finished when they are tender and have reduced in size by about half.