These babies were first introduced as part of an event we served in honor of Dr. Seuss. We served them right on top a circle of angel food cake with a smear of apricot jam. We called it Ape Cake Grape Cake, just like something the Whos eat. Of course, that was a fun time, but the grapes were a huge hit too. I find myself working them into recipes whenever I can. Check out my tips below for all sorts of serving suggestions.
- Yield: A Bunch (literally)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes
- A Bunch of Your Favorite Grapes
1. First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Clean the grapes, and pick them off the stems.
3. Spread the clean, loose grapes on a cookie sheet and pop them in the oven. Roast them until they wilt, about 20-30 minutes.
- Have fun with these roasted grapes. They are just the right amount of sweet, and are wonderfully unexpected, particularly when they’re warm. Layer them on a peanut butter sandwich in lieu of jelly. Use them as a topping for crunchy bruschetta with a healthy smear of creamy brie. Decorate cupcakes, like the one in the picture. Finish off an oh-so simple crispy vanilla cookie with some cream cheese icing and a perfectly roasted grape. Or, throw a handful of these sweet treats into fresh greens for a clever new salad.