Honey Cayenne Roasted Whole Chicken
a kicky bird with a sweet side
Whole chickens are so the way to go when feeding a family—they are far less expensive than breasts, everyone can get her favorite piece, and there are leftover bones for stock. For a confidence boost before taking on the whole bird, check out my video on how to Roast a Whole Chicken in advance. Also try my Whole Roasted Chicken with Herbed Butter and Roasted Chicken with Apple Butter.
Leftovers of this Honey Cayenne Roasted Whole Chicken would be lovely shredded on top a crusty roll with some blue cheese dressing for the next day’s lunch.
- Yield: Main Course for 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel so the honey will stick better. Place your chicken in the roasting pan.
3. Drizzle honey all over the chicken, dust with the cayenne, and sprinkle with salt.
4. Place the chicken in the oven and let cook for 30-45 minutes depending on the size of the bird.
5. Once it’s finished cooking, let rest 5 minutes, slice, and serve.
* For an amazingly tasty and easy gravy, place the roasting pan right out of the oven onto the stovetop. Remove the chicken and add 1 cup of chicken stock and whisk together on high heat. In a small cup combine 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch and ¼ cup of cold chicken stock together; whisk into the roasting pan. Whisk together on high heat until thick enough.