Roasted Red Pepper Coulis
a fantastic dipping sauce
Don’t be intimidated by the word “coulis.” This is just a a fancy way to describe a sauce made out of fruits or vegetables. In this case, this sauce is a great way to dress up our arancini, but this roasted red pepper coulis can be used as a delicious sauce with chicken, over pasta, crunchy vegetables…the options are endless.
- Yield: 2 Cups
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 2 Jars of Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 Small Can of Tomato Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- Add the roasted red peppers (juice and all), tomato paste, salt, and red wine vinegar to a food processor.
- Blend the contents together until a smooth consistency.
- Pour water through the spout until it’s the thickness you want.
- Store in an air-tight container until ready to use.
- I love serving this roasted red pepper coulis as the dipping sauce for the Captain American Arancini, but it is also perfect as the dipping sauce for anything that needs a little bite.
- This is a great base of a recipe. If the sauce is too tart for you, add a little honey. If you are looking for a little heat, add a dash of cayenne. Or, go crazy and add some fresh herbs.