We recently served this Rhubarb Jam during our signature event, Third Thursday. On more than one occasion I caught Molly off in the corner enjoying private time with the leftover homemade Rhubarb Jam. It is just the right amount of sweet and tart mixed together.
Rhubarb Jam recipe cooking information
- Yield: About 2 Cups
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 Minutes
rhubarb jam ingredients
- 1 1/2 lb Fresh Rhubarb, approximately 6-8 stalks
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Cups Orange Juice
- Salt and Pepper
rhubarb jam recipe instruction
- Clean and roughly chop the fresh rhubarb.
- Add the rhubarb, sugar, orange juice to a large saute pan, generously season with salt and pepper. Turn to medium high heat.
- Once it starts boiling reduce the heat to a simmer. Let the rhubarb cook while stirring occasionally, so nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Continue to cook until the rhubarb mixture thickens up enough your spoon leaves a trail in the pan while stirring. Once it is thick enough turn off the heat.
- Store in an air tight container and keep in your refrigerator.
rhubarb jam tips and tricks
- This jam is delicious on biscuits or toast, but it is also great with fresh strawberries folded in and used as a filling for a summer pie or center of a delicious cake.
- The sugar, rhubarb and liquid are the only definites in this recipe. Cook with whatever juice you love the most. Add fresh herbs and spices like cinnamon, cardamom, mint, or rosemary.