Use whichever vegetables you have on hand to fill these pies; zucchini, peppers, fennel, and corn would all be delicious. We choose tomatoes every time, of course, since we've been dreaming about them bursting from the ground for the last eleven months.
Incorporate all the fresh herbs too. The homemade ranch dressing that finishes this gorgeous design is the ultimate way to showcase them in all their superfresh glory.
Offer up these savory pies as appetizers, picnic snacks, or even brunch.
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
3. Next, generously spray the muffin tins with nonstick spray. Pinch off a heaping tablespoon of the biscuit dough and press into each mold. Then add a generous pinch of diced tomatoes to the well of biscuit dough.
4. Season each pie with salt and pepper before topping them with a pinch of Cheddar. When all of them are filled, place in the oven and cook for 15-25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and crispy.
5. While the pies bake, mix together the Homemade Ranch Dressing
and refrigerate until service.
6. When the pies are finished cooking, remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes, or until you can get the pies out with a spoon.
7. To serve, place the pies on a platter and finish with a drizzle of the homemade ranch dressing.