May 14, 2018 at 05:00PM Twitter Chat - #FNIchat #TwitterChat Visit https://t.co/IrsjE1hjIO for more events.
Make plans for a fried chicken dinner later this week. Assign your neighbor to the left the pasta salad, and your neighbor to the right the corn on the cob. Get the Hudy or PBR on ice, break down a watermelon, pickle some okra, and cover your table with some Kraft paper. Come together for the killer meal that starts with this recipe right here, and end the night with frosty popsicles and a run through the sprinkler.
It’s summer, baby. Eat it up.
Yield: 4 servings , Prep time: 7 hours , Cook time: 1 hour
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and let sit
for 10 minutes.
2. In a large resealable bag combine the buttermilk and hot sauce; mix together until evenly combined. Add the chicken to the buttermilk and toss to marinate. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, and ideally as long as overnight.
3. Fill a large pot halfway full of oil and bring to high heat. Drain your chicken from the buttermilk. In a large paper bag combine the flour and seasoning salt and some more black pepper.
4. Add your chicken to the paper bag and toss until everything is coated.
5. When the oil has reached 325 degrees (use a thermometer to gauge, or test by sprinkling a pinch of flour into the hot oil – when it floats on top of the oil and bubbles, it’s ready), slowly add your chicken breasts to the oil. Let cook 15 -20 minutes.
6. When the chicken is golden brown and has an internal temperature of 180 degrees, remove from the oil and let rest on paper towels.
7. Now, let your oil come back up to temperature. Add your thighs and drumsticks. Let cook another 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown and 180 degrees internally.
8. Finally, warm the oil again and finish the batch by frying the wings, about 10 minutes until they are golden and to temperature.
9. Once all of the chicken is finished cooking, serve hot with some spicy Hot Pickled Okra, and enjoy!