fresh fruit floats
Looking to impress your guests? This quick and oh-so-easy dessert will really make you look good. Just three simple ingredients – no cooking, no baking. This simple combination of raspberries with soft ice cream and soda makes you think – why haven’t I thought of this sooner?
To see just how easy this recipe is be sure to watch my video.
- Yield: 5
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 0 minutes
- 1 pint of Vanilla ice cream
- 1 carton of fresh raspberries
- 2-3 bottle of Peach or Mango Flavored soda
1. In a small bowl empty your fresh raspberries. (Make sure to get rid of the moldy ones.)
2. Next mash the fresh raspberries with the back of a large spoon until it has become paste-like.
3. To assemble: place 1 tablespoon of fresh raspberry mash at the bottom on the glass, followed by a scoop of fresh ice cream.
4. Immediately before serving, pour the soda over the ice cream concoction until the glass is filled to the rim.
5. Serve and enjoy!
- If raspberries are out of season, you can substitute strawberries (cut into small pieces), blueberries, or even blackberries.
- I like to use peach soda because it’s a different flavor combination, but use what ever fruit flavored soda you like to drink!
- For fun presentation, serve the dessert in wine or martini glasses.
online cooking class