Take your tastebuds over the rainbow with just one crunch of these super colorful chips. They’re homemade and impossible to resist. Serve them beside the noodles or burgers Caitlin crafted for the Back-to-School edition of Kroger’s MyMagazine extras app, or sneak them all for yourself. They’re the guilt-free answer to crispy-salty wishes. Dig in!
quick chip recipe cooking information
- Yield: 3-4 Snack Portions
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 4-8 Minutes
quick chip ingredients
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 Beet
- 1 Potato
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Parchment Paper
quick chip recipe instruction
- Thoroughly wash the vegetables.
- Using a mandolin, a food processor, or a sharp chef’s knife, slice the potatoes and beet very thinly.
- Line a microwaveable plate with parchment paper. Place a single layer of vegetable disks onto the parchment. Lightly season the chips with kosher salt and microwave for 4 minutes.
- Depending on how thinly you were able to cut them, cook them an additional 30 seconds until they are crispy.
quick chip tips and tricks
- If you want to play with flavors, you can toss the chips with dried seasoning packets like dried ranch, chili mixes, or dried Italian salad seasonings. Toss before microwaving.