Pumpkin Cream Filled Phyllo Dough Cups
Serve up a taste of the fall in a bite-sized cup: Pumpkin Cream-Filled Phyllo Dough Cups. Beginning in September every year I get excited about the coming of the Fall — the brisk air and the beautiful changing of the leaves (gotta love the Midwest). These Pumpkin Cream Phyllo Dough Filled Cups are a great compliment to the beautiful weather, and the perfect addition to any dessert menu. I start serving them in September and carry the theme through the holidays. Serve these after a meal of Whole Roasted Turkey and a side of Creamed Corn (see image below).
pumpkin cream filled phyllo dough cups cooking information
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
pumpkin cream filled phyllo dough cups all ingredients
- 1 Package Phyllo Cups
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Pureed, Canned Pumpkin
pumpkin cream filled phyllo dough cups recipe instruction
1. Remove your phyllo dough cups from their packaging, place on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Follow the baking instructions – but you will bake them for about 10 minutes until they are golden brown.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine your powdered sugar, cinnamon and heavy whipping cream. Mix with a hand held mixer until the whipping cream holds its form when you remove the beaters from the cream – stiff peaks.
3. Taking 1/2 cup at a time, carefully fold in the pumpkin puree. You want to do this slowly to be sure not to deflate your whipping cream.
4. Spoon the mixture into the phyllo dough cups and serve!
pumpkin cream filled phyllo dough cups cooking tips
- Be sure to add the pumpkin puree carefully so as not to deflate your whipping cream!
- Great addition to the Thanksgiving dessert menu.
put your pumpkin cream to work
Run these Elephant Ears through Pumpkin Cream:
<h3>Make it a Meal: Creamed Corn and Whole Roasted Turkey</h3>