Pumpkin Cream Filled Phyllo Dough Cups
Serve up a taste of the fall in a bite-sized cup: Pumpkin Cream-Filled Phyllo Dough Cups. Beginning in September every year I get excited about the coming of the Fall — the brisk air and the beautiful changing of the leaves (gotta love the Midwest). These Pumpkin Cream Phyllo Dough Filled Cups are a great compliment to the beautiful weather, and the perfect addition to any dessert menu. I start serving them in September and carry the theme through the holidays. Serve these after a meal of Whole Roasted Turkey and a side of Creamed Corn.
pumpkin cream filled phyllo dough cups cooking information
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
pumpkin cream filled phyllo dough cups all ingredients
- 1 pkg. Phyllo Cups
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 cup Pureed Canned Pumpkin
pumpkin cream filled phyllo dough cups recipe instruction
- Remove your phyllo dough cups from their packaging, place on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Follow the baking instructions – but you will bake them for about 10 minutes until they are golden brown.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your powdered sugar, cinnamon, and heavy whipping cream. Mix with a hand mixer until the whipping cream holds its form when you remove the beaters from the cream, stiff peaks.
- Taking 1/2 cup at a time, carefully fold in the pumpkin puree. You want to do this slowly to be sure not to deflate your whipping cream.
- Spoon the mixture into the phyllo dough cups, finish with a sweetly spiced nut, and serve.
pumpkin cream filled phyllo dough cups cooking tips
- Be sure to add the pumpkin puree carefully so as not to deflate your whipping cream!
- Great addition to the Thanksgiving dessert menu.
put your pumpkin cream to work
Run these Elephant Ears through Pumpkin Cream: