Pumpkin Pie Waffle
Inspired by a couple wedges of leftover Frisch’s Pumpkin Pie, this recipe has turned into the ultimate vehicle for delivering maximum holiday flavor. Take full advantage of fall’s greatest ingredient, pumpkin, with this super light waffle design. Serve it with a smear of whipped butter and a drizzle of warm syrup. Or, turn it into a sweet-and-savory stunner like we did with a mound of shredded Slow-Cooked Beef and a dollop of sour cream. Cut each waffle into quarters and serve each fourth as an appetizer bite.
Frisch’s Pumpkin Pie Waffles
pumpkin waffle cooking information
- Yield: 8-10 Waffles
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1/3 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tb Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 Eggs (separated)
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 Cups Buttermilk
- 1/2 Frisch’s Pumpkin Pie, filling only, OR 1 Cup flavored Pumpkin Puree
- 6 Tb Butter, melted
pumpkin waffle directions
- Stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg yolks, buttermilk, melted butter, and pumpkin pie filling; whisk together until smooth.
- Next, stir together the wet and dry ingredients.
- Using electric beaters, beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until they are fluffy, and can be lifted, but do not hold their shape (soft peaks). Gently fold the egg whites into the waffle batter.
- Preheat your waffle iron. When your waffle iron is hot enough, spray with non-stick spray and ladle in some of the waffle batter. Close the waffle iron and let the waffles cook until they are golden brown and crispy. Remove the waffle and repeat the process until all the batter is completely used.
pumpkin waffle Tips
- Make the batter right before you press the waffles so that the egg whites do not deflate. If you need to prepare it a little bit in advance, whip the egg whites to stiff peaks so they will hold their form a little longer.
more pumpkin recipes
Link to all the Third Thursday recipes inspired by Frisch’s Pumpkin Pie:
- Pumpkin Pie Crostini with Cannellini Beans and Sausage
- Pumpkin Pie-Stuffed Phyllo Appetizers
- Chipotle Pumpkin Soup
- Pumpkin Polenta-Stuffed Zucchini with Bleu Cheese Cream Sauce
- Pumpkin Pastitsio
- Pumpkin Pie Waffle with Slow-Cooked Beef
- Pumpkin Caramel Bon Bons
- Pumpkin Pie Blondies
- Pumpkin Pie Sundae with Maple-Bourbon Pecan Sauce