Pumpkin Affogato Recipe
The definition of “affogato” in Italian is literally “drowned,” and typically an affogato recipe calls for an espresso-drowning of gelato. This, then, is our spin on the zippy dessert. As you can see pictured beside here, we paired pumpkin gelato with our Homemade Chai Tea recipe, and the coupling was brilliant. Play with caramel, dulce de leche, creme brulee, pistachio, or good ol’ fashioned vanilla ice cream flavors in this recipe, or reach out to a local gelato shop for a special-ordered batch of (very seasonal) pumpkin gelato. Greet visitors to your home with a delicious cupful of affogato, or serve it for dessert.
affogato cooking information
- Yield: About : 12 Mugs or 24 Smaller Servings
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
affogato recipe ingredients
- 1 Recipe of Homemade Chai Tea
- 3 Pints Pumpkin Gelato
affogato recipe instruction
- Warm your chai tea.
- Scoop the pumpkin gelato into mugs.
- Pour the chai tea over the gelato and serve right away. Enjoy!
affogato tips and tricks
- If you aren’t interested in making a huge pot of Homemade Chai Tea (even though I recommend it) you can always stop by a local coffee shop and they will be able to make as much as you need.