Pineapple Soda Recipe
This pineapple soda is a refreshing beverage on its own, or accompanied with some grilled mango shrimp and served as an appetizer.
Especially in the summer, I love to dream up fresh, herb-infused drink flavor combinations. This year, my family is going on a stay-cation and therefore will not be off in any tropical destination. So, I decided to bring the tropics to the Midwest and crafted this homemade pineapple soda.
pineapple soda cooking information
- Yield: Approximately 2 Liters
- Prep Time: 1 Hour
- Cook Time: None
pineapple soda ingredients
- 1 Fresh Pineapple
- 2 cups Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Mint
- 1 Liter Carbonated Water
pineapple soda instruction
- Prep your ingredients. Remove the outer skin of pineapple, remove the core and cut into chunks. Remove the mint and basil from the stems.
- Place the pineapple, mint, basil, and pineapple juice into a blender. Blend together.
- Pour the pineapple liquid through a fine mesh seive, or a cheesecloth lined colander. Store the juice in the refrigerator.
- Right before you are ready to serve combine with the carbonated water, serve and enjoy!
pineapple soda tips and tricks
- To infuse the most flavor from the herbs blend the juice together and wait to strain until right before you are ready to combine with the carbonated water.
- For an adult beverage combine with a flavored rum, a light vodka, or even a sweet white wine.
- Transform this soda into an appetizer and garnish with the mango grilled shrimp for a fun appetizer.