Pimento Grilled Cheese with Garden Salsa SunChips
It’s no secret that the very best sandwiches are equal parts crispy, crunchy, and gooey. And if we’re being totally honest, we can all admit to layering chips onto our sandwiches to make them so… This grilled cheese recipe will satisfy all your needs and wants in a classic comfort sandwich. Layer on the SunChips from the start of assembly to ensure every bite you take is full of creamy and crunch.
grilled cheese recipe
- Yield: 4 Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
pimiento cheese recipe ingredients
- 8 Slices White Bread
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon Yellow Mustard
- Garden Salsa SunChips
pimiento cheese recipe directions
- In a mixing bowl combine the cheddar, mayonnaise, sriracha, and yellow mustard. Mix together until they are combined evenly.
- Smear the cheese spread on every slice of bread. Place enough chips on 4 of the slices to completely cover the bread. Place the second slice on top, cheese spread down, to make 4 sandwiches.
- Add a tab of butter to a sauté pan and turn to medium-high heat. Cook the sandwiches until the first side is golden brown and crispy. Flip the sandwiches and cook the second side to crispy, until the cheese is gooey.
- Remove the sandwiches from the heat and serve while hot.
pimiento cheese recipe tips and tricks
- The cheese spread may be adjusted to your liking – for a creamier spread, add more sour cream or mayonnaise; for more or less heat, adjust the sriracha accordingly.
- If you want to make a lot of these for a gathering, assemble and cook the sandwiches in advance. Stack them on a cookie sheet and store in the refrigerator. Before you are ready to serve the sandwiches, pop the sandwiches into a 300-degree oven for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melty again.
more SunChips recipes
Link to more of Caitlin’s brilliant SunChip-y twists:
SunChips Garden Salsa Chilaquiles
SunChips Harvest Cheddar Meatloaf
Pimiento Grilled Cheese with Garden Salsa SunChips
Hot Chocolate-Dipped Original SunChips
Apple Pie with Harvest Cheddar SunChips Crust
Caramel-Dunked Marshmallows Dredged in SunChips