Pecan Pie Brownies
These bad boys (Pecan Pie Brownies) need very little explanation. They are decadent and absolutely to-die-for. As it is, this recipe yields quite a lot and each piece is very rich so they are perfect for entertaining. Just 5 ingredients. You can thank us later.
pecan pie brownie cooking information
- Yield: 40+ Pieces
- Prep Time: 5-10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 30-40 Minutes
pecan pie brownie all ingredients
- 2 Boxes Brownie Mix
- Oil — according to brownie directions
- Water — according to brownie directions
- Eggs — according to brownie directions
- 1 Frozen Pecan Pie
pecan pie brownie recipe instruction
1. Preheat your oven according to brownie directions.
2. Grease 2 13 x 9 baking dishes with non-stick spray.
3. Next, follow the instructions for the brownies; mix together accordingly.
4. Once the brownies are mixed, dice your pecan pie while it is still frozen and add to the brownie batter. Mix together to combine.
5. Spread into the baking dishes and cook for the allotted time on the box. (Because of the added pie it will usually take 5-10 extra minutes.)
6. When the brownies are finished cooking, remove from the oven and let cool.
7. Slice and serve with a dollop of whipped cream and toasted pecans.
pecan pie brownie cooking tips
- Make sure to dice your pie while it is still frozen. I’ll be easier to cut and when you are mixing it with the brownies they will maintain their shape. This makes sure there are pockets (versus smears) of pie throughout the brownies.
- To make sure the brownies are cooked I resort to using a toothpick. I poke the brownie in the center and if the tooth pick comes up chocolate-y it’s not ready. When the tooth pick comes out clean it’s finished cooking.