Peanut Butter Volcano Cookies
These hot little cookies absolutely fall under the culinary category of “Party in Your Mouth.” As if peanut butter cookies are not yummy enough, the mix-in of Volcano takes them to a whole new level. With every bite, you taste the familiar peanut butter first…and then the heat grabs your attention. Milk is not just an accessory to these cookies, it’s actually a recommended chaser.
peanut butter volcano cookies cooking information
- Yield: 18-24 Cookies
- Prep Time: 3 Hours
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
peanut butter volcano cookies recipe ingredients
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Butter, at room temperature
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter
- ¼ Cup Oriental Wok’s Volcano Sauce
- 1 Egg
- 1 ¼ Cup Flour
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
peanut butter volcano cookies recipe instruction
- Strain your Volcano sauce with a fine mesh sieve. **You want to make sure and remove the chunks of garlic and other savory items in the sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix together peanut butter and strained Volcano sauce.
- In another bowl whip your butter until creamy. Add your sugars and beat another two minutes. Mix in the peanut butter mixture and eggs.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir together the wet and dry ingredients.
- Wrap the bowl and store in the refrigerator until the dough is chilled completely and firm – approximately one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll the dough into the size of golf balls. Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet. Using a fork, smash the cookies by making an “x” on each one.
- Place the cookies in the oven and let bake 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool and serve.
peanut butter volcano cookies tips and tricks
- These babies are good all on their own, but we served them with a large dollop of chocolate icing – just because everything tastes better with a little icing.
- Oriental Wok’s sauces are now available at Kroger nationwide. They may be found in either the international aisle of the shop, or near the butcher station. However, if you cannot get the Volcano sauce, omit it altogether and add a few dashes of cayenne pepper instead.