I originally created this sauce as a compliment to my Sweet Arancini with dark chocolate centers, but it is deee-licious on top of pancakes, warm biscuits, stuffed blintzes, and even duck.
orange-cardamom cooking information
- Yield: About One Cup
- Cook Time: 5-10 Minutes
orange-cardamom recipe ingredients
- 1 Jar Orange Marmalade
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom
- Salt & Pepper
orange-cardamom recipe instruction
- Place the marmalade, water, and cardamom in a small sauce pot.
- Turn to medium-high heat and let cook until the marmalade has dissolved into the water.
- Taste the sauce – if it is too sweet add a pinch of salt; if you can handle something more, add a pinch of fresh cracked black pepper.
- Store in an air-tight container and keep in the refrigerator.
orange-cardamom sauce tips and tricks
- I’ve made a quick version of this sauce with a partially-empty jar of marmalade from my home fridge: I broke the marmalade up with a spoon, poured in a little water, cardamom, salt, and pepper. I shook it up, removed the lid, and microwaved it in one-minute increments, stirring in between. Super fast and just as delicious.
GD Star Rating