Daisy Head Mayzie Burgers
a rich spin on the slider
This burger debuted at a Dr. Seuss-themed event. We stuck little silk flowers into tops of the buns in honor of the classic children’s book. It was a huge hit.
The bonus is that these little guys are not only pretty and fun, but they are one of Caitlin’s delicious gourmet burger recipes as well. Serve it with Green Eggs and Ham for your own Dr. Seuss party.
- Yield: 12 Burgers
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 3 Pounds Ground Beef
- 12 Dinner Rolls
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- Brown Mustard
- Guiness Porter Cheddar
1. Combine ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder and mix all together. Form into 12 equal patties.
2. In a large sauté pan preheat to medium high heat. Once your pan is hot enough, add your burgers. Let cook for 7 minutes without touching, pressing, or moving. After the 7 minutes, flip and let finish cooking for 4-5 minutes.
3. Before the burgers are completely finished cooking, top with your cheddar and let melt.
4. To assemble to the sandwiches, smear the bottom with spicy brown mustard, top with the burgers and cover with the lids.
5. Serve and enjoy.
- To make this more of an appetizer make 24 mini burgers. For easy scooping use an ice cream scoop.
- To make this more of a Dr. Seuss themed dish top each burger with a plastic flower or real flower.