Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Especially during the holiday season, garlic mashed potatoes seem to work their way into the menu. They are wonderfully creamy and totally decadent. As you multiply the recipe, the key is to use two cloves of garlic per potato.
Catch our online cooking class video where I show you how to make mashed potatoes like a pro.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes cooking information
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
all garlic mashed potatoes ingredients
- 6 Idaho Potatoes, peeled
- 12 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 -2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3/4 cup Butter
- Kosher Salt
garlic mashed potatoes recipe instruction
- Place a large pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Wash, peel, and cut your potatoes. First, halve lengthwise; then, cut into uniform chunks. Place into the boiling water (enough to cover the potatoes) with all of the garlic. Boil for about 40 minutes, or until you can stab a hunk with a knife and it slides right off. Do NOT add salt to the water at this point.
- Once the potatoes are finished, drain the water, push them through a ricer along with the boiled cloves of garlic, and return them to the pot in which you boiled them.
- On the stovetop, bring the mashed potatoes up to medium heat. Stir in the cream and butter until they are absorbed by the potatoes. You want them to be weeping off your wooden spoon, but know that this is not an exact science – taste as you add the butter and cream to get them exactly as you like. Finally, season with salt to taste.
garlic mashed potatoes cooking tips
- These garlic mashed potatoes are delicious as leftovers! Make them into homemade gnocchi.
Make it a Meal: Crunchy Green Beans
online cooking class