Maple-Bourbon Pecan Sauce
This beautifully rich sauce was designed to crown the ultimate holiday sundae; spoon it warm over a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and a wedge of Frisch’s Pumpkin Pie for a most comforting effect. Drizzle it on top a baked sweet potato for lunch. Or, swirl it into a cup of creamy Greek yogurt for breakfast.
maple-bourbon pecan sauce
- Yield: 2 Cups Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
bourbon sauce ingredients
- 1 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup Pecans
- ¼ Cup Bourbon
pecan sauce recipe instruction
- Add the pecans to a dry sauté pan. Turn to high heat and cook until fragrant and toasted.
- When the pecans are toasted, add your maple syrup and bourbon. Reduce the heat to medium and cook another 2 minutes.
- Spoon hot over pumpkin pie and ice cream.
maple sauce cooking and serving tips
- The better the bourbon and syrup you use, the better this sauce will taste. I like to use the dark amber maple syrup and Maker’s Mark bourbon.
more pumpkin recipes
Link to all the Third Thursday recipes inspired by Frisch’s Pumpkin Pie:
- Pumpkin Pie Crostini with Cannellini Beans and Sausage
- Pumpkin Pie-Stuffed Phyllo Appetizers
- Chipotle Pumpkin Soup
- Pumpkin Polenta-Stuffed Zucchini with Bleu Cheese Cream Sauce
- Pumpkin Pastitsio
- Pumpkin Pie Waffle with Slow-Cooked Beef
- Pumpkin Caramel Bon Bons
- Pumpkin Pie Blondies
- Pumpkin Pie Sundae with Maple-Bourbon Pecan Sauce