Lollipop Recipe: Cinnamon Spice
Here’s a quick and super easy recipe that will teach you how to make homemade lollipops. This lollipop recipe is spicy and sweet and a great little treat at the end of meal (or to serve during a party). I am of the school of thought that you do not have to own all sorts of fancy equipment in order to make unique foods at home. This applies to making homemade lollipops. I do not own any special lollipop molds and because of this each homemade lollipop has it’s own unique and distinctive shape.
I created this homemade lollipop recipe with the intention of setting it on fire just before serving. While I can tell you that plan didn’t work out so well, people still enjoyed the sweet surprise at the end of the night. And so, here I share with you how to make homemade lollipops:
homemade lollipop cooking information
- Yield: 25-30 Small Lollipops
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
homemade lollipop recipe ingredients
- 1 ½ Cup Sugar
- ¾ Cup Water
- ½ Cup Corn Syrup
- 1 Squeeze, Red Food Gel
- 6 Dashes Cinnamon Oil
- Popsicle Sticks
homemade lollipop recipe instruction
- Add the sugar, water and corn syrup to a small sauce pot.
- Place on the stove and turn to high heat.
- Cook to 290 degrees.
- While you are waiting to the sugar to get to the correct temperature, lay out a long sheet of parchment paper on your counter. Open your lollipop sticks.
- When the sugar is to the correct temperature, add your cinnamon oil and food coloring. Stir together.
- Pour hot sugar in a glass with a pouring capabilities. Pour the sugar mixture on the parchment paper in 1 inch circles. (The sugar will spread out a little)
- If you can, I recommend getting a helper for this step: while one person is pouring the sugar, another person should press the sticks into the middle of the lollipops while they are still warm .
- Let the lollipops rest and cool. Remove from the parchment and enjoy!
homemade lollipop cooking tips
- This is a great basic recipe with tons of opportunities! If you go to specialty baking stores or kitchen appliance stores they offer tons of different flavors and scented oils that are perfect for lollipops. Play with the colors or simply keep them clear.
- After you are finished making the lollipops your pan will have a thick coating that will be hard to clean. The best advice is to fill the pan back up with water and turn to high heat on the stove. The sugars will melt and dissolve in the water and make for much easier clean up.