Kids’ Choice Quesadilla
Like a brain-teasing tongue twister, say “Kid’s Choice Quesadilla” ten times fast. Then, twirl your tangled self into the kitchen with your kiddos. Designed for the pages of the Back-to-School edition of Kroger’s MyMagazine extras app, this recipe is the perfect reward for long school days and silly brain games. Put it together with the help of your whole crew — like a memory game on family night, it will be stamped on little brains as a super tasty go-to.
quesadilla recipe cooking information
- Yield: One Quesadilla
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 Whole-Wheat Tortilla
- 3 Egg Whites, beaten
- ½ Cup Fresh Spinach, chopped
- Shredded Low-Fat Cheese
- Deli Turkey, sliced thickly and diced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
quesadilla recipe instruction
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg whites, spinach, turkey, salt and pepper.
- Heat a small non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. Add your egg mixture and move it around, using a spatula, until the eggs are completely cooked; remove from the heat.
- Heat a separate sauté pan over medium-high heat (no butter or oil required). Toast the tortilla in the pan; flip.
- Sprinkle the toasted tortilla with the low-fat cheese. Next, add the scrambled egg mixture to half of the tortilla. Fold the tortilla in half. Press the quesadilla down until the cheese has melted and a crust has developed on the tortilla.
- Remove from the skillet, cut, and serve.
quesadilla tips and tricks
- Scrambled eggs are a great trick for hiding vegetables. I like to make more than enough scrambled eggs and keep them in the refrigerator for recipes like this. It helps cut the prep-time in half. Refrigerate any leftovers.