a quick, easy cheese-stuffed jalapeno dish
Super easy to make, this Jalapeño Popper appetizer is a quick dish with just five ingredients or less to prepare and serve during your favorite sports games and reality show countdowns.
Stuffed with different cheeses and spices, these jalapenos poppers are sure to be a hit and a favorite among appetizer snack food recipes. Not a fan of spicy foods? Simply scrape out the seeds and this will calm down the heat.
Be sure to watch my internet video – cooking class – to discover exactly how to make these jalapeno poppers!
- Yield: 24
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15-25 minutes
- 12 Whole, Fresh Jalapeno Peppers
- 1.5 Cups Cream Cheese
- 2 Dried Italian Seasonings Packets
- 1.5 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a medium-sized bowl mix the cream cheese, dried Italian seasonings packets and sharp shredded cheddar cheese (for this step I like to use my spatula, but it’s even easier with your hands).
3. To prep the jalapeños peppers: First, cut the stem portion of the jalapeño peppers off. Next, slice the jalapeño peppers in half lengthwise. The seeds and membranes make the jalapeño pepper amazingly spicy. To remove them, hold your knife horizontally and cut right across the pepper. Or, just spoon them out, literally with a spoon. Be careful not to touch your eyes or anywhere around your face after handling jalapeno peppers!
4. With a spoon or your hands, stuff each jalapeno pepper until the cheese mixture is gone. It will be approximately 1 tablespoon per pepper.
5. Empty your breadcrumbs into a small bowl. Place each pepper, one at a time, into the breadcrumbs and press to allow the breadcrumbs to stick to the cream cheese mixture.
- Panko Breadcrumbs are just larger crumbs of bread crumbs, but they make for an extra crispy crust.
- You can use red jalepenos if you prefer a little less spice. Mixing up the red jalepenos with green makes for a nice presentation.
- Keep these stuffed jalapeno poppers on hand for unexpected guests!