How to Make Hollandaise Sauce
For everyone who is looking to dial up their brunch menu this weekend, be sure to get inspired by this Homemade Hollandaise Sauce recipe. Simple, fresh and oh-so- delicious.
Homemade Hollandaise Sauce Information
- Yield: 2 Cups
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
Homemade Hollandaise Sauce Ingredients
- 3 Safest Choice egg yolks
- 3 Tb Lemon Juice
- 2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 Tb Fresh Herbs
- 2 Tb Fresh Cracked Pepper
Homemade Hollandaise Sauce Recipe Instruction
- Place the egg yolks and half of the lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Whisk together until the egg yolks become light and frothy.
- Slowly pour in the melted butter, while continuing to whisk with the yolks.
- Once the sauce is emulsified, whisk in the rest of the lmeon juice, salt, pepper, and the chopped fresh herbs.
- Spoon over your favorite dish and enjoy!
Homemade Hollandaise Sauce Tips and Tricks
- I use Safest Choice Eggs for this dish because they are pasteurized and have no risk of viruses or bacteria. Since I am not cooking the eggs you want to look for a pasteurized eggs to eliminate the risk of salmonella.
- You want to keep this sauce warm or room temperature, because once you chill the sauce the butter will solidify. If you have any extra, store in your refrigerator and treat it like a spread.
- I love hollandaise sauce on the classic egg benedict, but it is also delicious over a steak, fresh seafood, or tossed through hot pasta for a quick sauce.
- For this recipe I used fresh tarragon, dill, and mint, but any herb you prefer or have on hand will work perfectly! Just make sure to finely chop the herbs so you get the flavor without too much mouth feel.
Note: We are a proud partner of Safest Choice Eggs.
GD Star Rating