How to Make Chicken Wings
When I think of how to make wings a crispy wing with creamy ranch dressing to dip it in sounds like perfection. Ranch dressing is good on almost everything, but it is best with wings! We use Frisch’s in Cincinnati, of course, but you should use the yummiest ranch you can find wherever you are. Then, fry the ranch-soaked wings twice for the ultimate crispiness.
You can see that when we served these they were on top of a shot of Homemade Hot Wings Sauce. It not only made for a very fun presentation, but also a clever way for guests to control how to make hot wings as hot as they like them themselves.
crispy chicken wings cooking information
- Yield: 4-6 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Marinate Time: 24 Hours
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
crispy chicken wings recipe ingredients
- 2-3 Pounds Bone-In Chicken Wings
- 1 Jar Frisch’s Ranch Dressing
crispy chicken wings recipe instruction
- Place your thawed chicken wings in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the ranch dressing over the chicken wings and toss until all of them are coated evenly. Cover in plastic wrap and let marinate for 24 hours.
- Pour the oil into a large sauce pot until it is a third of the way full. Turn to high heat.
- While the oil is heating up, remove the chicken from the dressing and dry off using paper towels. **If there is any moisture on the chicken when you lower them into the oil, the oil will spit back at you. Do whatever you can to keep this from happening.**
- Check to see if the oil is ready by dipping a portion of chicken into the oil. If the oil is hot enough it will begin crisping up right away.
- When the oil is ready, slowly drop 6-8 wings in at a time. Let cook until they are golden brown and cooked, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to help drain any extra oil.
- Let the oil heat back up, then add your next batch. Cook, drain and repeat.
- Right before you are ready to serve, fry the chicken wings for a second time to crisp them up. Hot oil, 1-2 minutes, drain and serve!
crispy chicken wings tips and tricks
- The first round of frying is for developing color and cooking the meat, but the wings will not be crispy! Fry for a second round for a really crispy wing with great crunch.
- You can do the first round of frying up to a day in advance and then keep in your refrigerator. Fry for the second time right before you are ready to serve.