Homemade Caesar Dressing
bottled dressing be gone!
Once you’ve made Caesar dressing yourself, it will be hard to go back to the bottle in your fridge. From the sweet smell of roasted garlic to the salty bite of the fried rice sauce we used here, you cannot go wrong with this sauce. Enjoy your favorite salad in a whole new way.
- Yield: 1 Cup
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 Head Garlic
- 3 Tablespoons of Oriental Wok’s Fried Rice Sauce
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 Lemon
- 3/4 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 450.
2. Cut off just the top of the garlic so you are exposing each clove. Place on a square of tin foil. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Completely wrap in tin foil and place in the oven for 45 minutes.
3. After the garlic is tender, remove from the oven and let cool 10-15 minutes.
4. Once the garlic has cooled, add your egg yolks, roasted garlic, Oriental Wok’s Fried Rice Sauce, and fresh lemon juice to a food processor. Blend together.
5. While leaving the blade going slowly pour 3/4 cup of olive oil into the blender.
6. When it’s all completely combined remove from the food processor and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator until service.
- Classic Ceasar dressing includes anchovies. Oriental Wok’s Fried Rice Sauce substitutes the earthiness and salt content of the fish.
- When we served it we drizzled it over quartered endive lettuce with toasted panko bread crumbs and grated Parmesan over top. It was amazingly delicious with a fun twist.