Homemade Marshmallows — Lime-Flavored
This is a citrus-y spin on the classic Homemade Marshmallow recipe we’ve been making for years. Use it every way you use any other marshmallow, and play with it even more. Throw one into hot coffee or hot chocolate, or right on top of a single-crust cherry pie right out of the oven. And throw one down the hatch when no one’s looking.
- Yield: 5 Cups of Marshmallows
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Rest Time: 4 Hours
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Packages Gelatin (unflavored, ¼ ounce)
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Corn Syrup
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 2 teaspoons True Lime Powder
- Powdered Sugar
1. Divide the cool water into half. Add ½ cup of the water into the bowl of a stand mixer with the powdered gelatin. Let sit and proof for at least 15 minutes.
2. As the gelatin proofs, add your sugar, corn syrup, ½ cup of water, and pinch of salt to a large sauce pot. Turn to high heat. Let the sugar melt and bring it all to a boil. Let it boil at 240 degrees for 8 minutes.
3. Once the concoction has cooked for 8 minutes, pour slowly over the proofed gelatin in the mixing bowl and with the whisk attachment on your stand mixer, whisk together for 15 minutes.
4. After it has whisked together for 15 minutes, add your vanilla and True Lime and whisk together until the flavor is completely incorporated.
5. Next, grease a baking dish on all sides. Pour in the marshmallow mixture and smooth out with the back of your spoon.
6. Let sit for a couple hours. Right before you chop the marshmallows, dust the top of the marshmallows with powdered sugar. Have extra powdered sugar nearby.
7. Cut the marshmallows into your favorite shapes and dust all exposing sides with extra powdered sugar to make sure they don’t all stick together.
8. Serve and enjoy!
- Certainly, these make to-die-for s’mores. In the absence of an outdoor fire pit, however, place them on top of a graham cracker and burn the tops with a kitchen blow torch (as you can see we did in the picture above).
- Turn them into a two-bite version of the key lime pie we all know and love: Dip each individual marshmallow into melted white chocolate and roll it in graham cracker crumbs. Refrigerate until service.
- In Cincinnati, find True Lemon products at Kroger:
True Lemon® Lemonade & True Lemon® Raspberry Lemonade 10ct
For Your Water
Powered Drink Mix Section next to Crystal Light
True Lemon® & True Lime™ 32ct
For Cooking, Baking & Beverages
Baking Aisle near Splenda
True Lemon®, True Orange™ & True Lemon® Raspberry Lemonade 10ct
For Your Water
Powdered Drink Mix Section next to Crystal Light
To find a store in your immediate area, use our Store Locator: www.truelemon.com/store-locator