Gnocchi is the go-to birthday dinner in our family. I prefer mine tossed in butter and herbs with parmesan. My Mom loves it tossed with fresh tomato sauce, a bit of cream, and fresh mozzarella.
Homemade Gnocchi cooking information
- Yield: Entrée for Two
- Prep Time:10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Homemade Gnocchi ingredients
- 1-2 Cups Kroger Wholesome @Home Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Egg
- 2-3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
Homemade Gnocchi recipe instruction
- Spoon the mashed potatoes onto a flat counter top. Create a well.
- Crack your egg into the well.
- Using one hand, slowly combine the egg into the mashed potatoes. Keeping your other hand dry, season the mashed potatoes with salt and start adding a handful of flour at a time. Fold the flour into the dough until it no longer sticks to your hand.
- Wash your wet hand. Cut the dough into quarters.
- Roll the dough into ½-inch-thick logs. Cut into 1-inch-long pieces. Drop into boiling salted water.
- When the gnocchi float to the top they are finished cooking. Toss in butter or your favorite sauce. Serve and enjoy!
Homemade Gnocchi recipe tips and tricks
- When I cook my gnocchi I like to use a small sauce pot or a deep saute pan. The gnocchi risks over-cooking in a deep pan with a longer distance to the top.
GD Star Rating