Homemade Beef Jerky
I wanted to challenge myself a bit and decided to make this Homemade Beef Jerky, instead of buying from the store. Of course beef jerky is a great stand-alone treat, but I made it to add a bit of smoky flavor to the Bloody Mary Deviled Eggs. It turned out just as I had hoped it would.
homemade beef jerky cooking information
- Yield: 2-3 cups
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 4-6 Hours
homemade beef jerky ingredients
- 1 Flank Steak
- 1/4 Cup Fish Sauce
- 1 Tb Worchestershire Sauce
- 1/4 Tb Ground Pepper
- 1/4 Tb Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tb Onion Powder
- 1 Tb Liquid Smoke
- 1-2 tsp Sriracha
homemade beef jerky instruction
- Trim all fat from the steak. Cut meat into 1/2 inch- 1/4 inch slices. Place the meat in a large plastic bag.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the fish sauce, worchestershire, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, sriracha and liquid smoke. Pour into the bag with the meat and seal shut. Let marinate over night.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Place a cake resting rack on top of a cookie sheet.
- Lay the meat close together, in a single layer on the cake resting rack and place in the oven. Let cook 4-6 hours or until done.
homemade beef jerky tips and tricks
- Fish sauce is used for it’s salty flavor, much like soy sauce, in other Asian countries. You can usually find it in the international aisle. If you aren’t interested in using fish sauce you could always substitute with soy sauce.
- The beef jerky is delicious all on it’s own, but we served it as a topper to our Bloody Mary Deviled Eggs.