Hot Ham and Stilton Waffle Sandwich
who says a sandwich has to be served on bread?
Several months ago, I created a Chicken and Waffle sandwich that melted the hearts of many. As the cooler weather is upon us, I decided to twist it up again and create another great waffle sandwich surprise. This sandwich is a great combination of the sweet and savory. And, it is super easy to make.
- Yield: 3 Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 2 minutes
- 6 Frozen Waffles
- 3/4 Pound Ham, thin sliced ham
- 1 Triangle Lemon Stilton Cheese – the smallest triangle you can buy
1. Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. If you are using frozen waffles like Eggos, defrost them. If you are able to access waffles from Taste from Belgium, slice them in half (to create the top and bottom of your sandwich).
3. To assemble, fold the ham on top, followed by a slice of stilton cheese and place in the oven for 2-4 minutes until it is hot and toasted (note that this kind of cheese does not get gooey).
4. Cut in half and serve.
- Stilton cheese just does not have mold introduced in it.
- If you can’t find lemon stilton cheese, you can substitute with whatever you can find: apple, ginger and mango…
- Cut a thick layer of cheese to prevent it from crumbling.
- I like to cut these sandwiches into halves or quarters and serve as appetizers.
- If you are able to get your hands on Belgium waffles from Taste of Belgium, you can use just 3. Delicious!