Mexican Grilled Corn on the Cob
Corn on the cob is a staple in my family over the summer. Living in the Midwest, we do have some of the best corn around (if you ask me). Because of it, I am always looking for great ways to maximize the use of corn, so I introduced the Mexican Grilled Corn recipe this past year. Big hit. I hope you and your family enjoy! If you liked this recipe be sure to check out my BBQ Butter Corn recipe also. And while we are on the subject of corn…if you really want to do it up right and impress your family, try doctoring up Butter Popcorn, Cheddar Popcorn or even White Cheddar popcorn the next time you sit down for a movie night. You will know that you simply tossed a few spices on to the buttery popcorn, but they just may think you’ve gone gourmet on them.
Mexican Grilled Corn on the Cob Cooking Information
- Yield: 12
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 7 minutes
All Mexican Grilled Corn on the Cob Ingredients
- 12 Ears Corn on the cob
- 1 1/2 Cup Finely shredded Manchego cheese
- 3 Sticks Butter, softened
- 1 Bunch Fresh cilantro, chopped
Mexican Grilled Corn on the Cob Recipe Instruction
1. Soak the corn in water to be sure the husks do not burn and catch on fire.
2. Grill with husks on so the corn will steam in its own juices.
3. Chop cilantro.
4. In a bowl, combine the butter, Manchego and cilantro. Just before serving, smear with as much or as little as you would like.
Mexican Grilled Corn on the Cob Cooking Tips
- Not up for grilling? Not to worry – you can also make this by boiling corn on the cob and rubbing the cooked corn with the butter and herbs!
- This recipe can also be made with corn removed from the cob.
- The picture is corn on the cob, not corn off the cob.