Brie and Grape Grilled Cheese
grown up great grilled cheese
Just one bite and you will be hooked. This delicious combination of the sweet grape and the creamy cheese will change the way you approach a grilled cheese. I like to cut the sandwiches in half and serve them as appetizers at a party.
For a twist on the traditional grilled cheese and soup combonation add Cream of Mushroom Soup to this untraditional grilled cheese for the classic meal. For another take on grilled cheese check out my
Greek Grilled Cheese recipe.
- Yield: 12-15 Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 1 Baguette
- 2 Cups Purple Grapes
- .75 Pounds of Brie Cheese
- 1 Stick Butter
1. Cut your baguette into at least 24 slices of bread. When you are cutting, you want your knife at a 45 degree angle as this will make for a prettier cut of bread.
2. Cut your grapes in half.
3. Cut your brie into ¼ inch thick strips (including the rind)
4. Smear one side of each piece of your baguette with butter.
5. To assemble: on the un-buttered side of bread, place one long piece of brie with 4 of the grape halves grapes facing downward on the brie. Close up the sandwich.
6. In a nonstick sauté pan on medium-high heat, sear the bread until it is golden brown and the cheese is oozy. After about 3 minutes, flip and sear the other side until the bread is golden brown.
7. Serve the whole sandwich, or cut them in half for an appetizer portion!
- For an extra cheesey sandwich, use 1.5 – 2 slices of brie per sandwich!