Mango Grilled Shrimp
Looking for a great shrimp dish that requires minimal effort and packs a whole lot of flavor? This Mango Grilled Shrimp is your answer.
I love serving shrimp to a crowd. Once you get them on the skewer, they cook up in no time. We paired this shrimp appetizer with a homemade Pineapple Soda for a little extra tropical punch.
grilled mango shrimp cooking information
- Yield: Appetizers for 12
- Prep Time: 15-20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 4 Minutes
grilled mango shrimp ingredients
- 2 Pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Cups Mango Juice
- 2 Tb Sriracha
- 1/2 Bunch fresh cilantro
grilled mango shrimp instruction
- Prepare your ingredients. Make sure your shrimp are clean. Roughly chop the cilantro.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the mango juice, sriracha and cilantro. Add the shrimp the bowl and let marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Once the shrimp are ready, skewer the shrimp and fire up the grill to medium-high heat.
- When the grill is ready, place the shrimp skewers on the grill and cook for 1-2 minutes per side.
- After they are finished cooking, remove from the grill, remove from skewers and serve while they are still hot.
grilled mango shrimp tips and tricks
- When you buy shrimp, they are usually labeled “15-16″ or “25-30″. These numbers correspond with the number of shrimp per pound. The smaller the number the bigger the shrimp.
- By skewering the shrimp you make it easier for yourself when flipping the shrimp. Because they are so tiny, you don’t need a lot of cooking time and the skewer helps make sure you flip quickly. Make sure you soak your skewers in water first — you don’t want them to catch on fire!
- We served this shrimp as a garnish to our homemade pineapple spritzer, but the shrimp would also be delicious in a cold orzo salad, a fresh fruit salad, or simply by themselves.