Crunchy Green Beans in Brown Butter Sauce
When you have been asked to bring a side dish, let these Crunchy Green Beans be your chosen dish — especially during the holiday season. You may find yourself thrilled that you were “assigned a vegetable side” as this 4-ingredient recipe just may be one of the easiest dishes at the table. Not only that, but you can make these ahead of time.
Seal the deal on an invitation back next year by coupling this with another crowd-pleaser, Sweet Potato Dauphinois.
crunchy green beans in brown butter sauce cooking information
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
crunchy green beans in brown butter sauce all ingredients
- 2 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Kosher Salt, divided
- 2-3 handfuls fresh Green Beans
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 tsp. Herbs de Provence
- 1 cup Whole Walnuts, shelled
crunchy green beans in brown butter sauce recipe instructions
- In a medium sauce pot, bring water and 2 Tbsp. salt to a boil.
- Fill a large bowl with water and ice; set aside.
- In a sauté pan, add butter, herbs, walnuts, and 1 tsp. salt. Bring to a low boil at medium-low heat, and cook 5 minutes (sauce is done when bubbles turn light brown); set aside.
- Add green beans to boiling water and cook until they are a little tender but still firm, about 1-2 minutes. Remove the beans from the heat and place them immediately into the ice water.
- Once the beans have cooled, toss them in the warm brown butter sauce and serve.