Gluten-Free Mac and Cheese
Whip this up once and you’ll make sure you always have the three ingredients (only three!) on hand. Chances are, you’ll be craving it every week. Play with different pasta shapes — we like to twirl spaghetti — and add vegetables to mix it up from time to time. Look for gluten-free pasta to make it celiac-safe.
mac & cheese recipe
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
mac & cheese ingredients
- 1 Pound Gluten-Free Pasta
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 24 Slices Pepper Jack Cheese
mac & cheese directions
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil.
- While you are waiting for the water to boil, pour the cream into a large saute pan and bring to a boil. As the cream boils, slowly tear the pepper jack cheese into it, whisking continually.
- Once the water is boiling, add your pasta, and cook for the time directed on the box.
- When the pasta is finished cooking, strain it, return it to the hot pot, and pour in the pepper jack cheese sauce. Toss it altogether. Serve hot.
mac & cheese tips and tricks
- Make this recipe ahead of time and empty it into a casserole dish; store in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to eat, warm the casserole in a 300 degree oven for 30 minutes. Slice the pasta into portions and eat it like a casserole. For a make-ahead meal, cook the pasta only to al dente so that it doesn’t become mushy when it cooks for the second time.