Oriental Wok’s General Wong Burger
make way for the General
Infuse your family dinner with a little Asian flare with this burger showcasing the intensely delicious flavor of Oriental Wok’s General Wong’s Sauce. The creamy sauce and the spicy onion make this one gourmet burger recipes that is General-ly perfect.
- Yield: About 12 Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10-15 Minutes
- 3 Pounds Ground Beef
- 3/4 Cup Oriental Wok’s General Wong’s Sauce
- Hot Pickled Onions
- Bleu Cheese Cream Sauce
- 12 Dinner Rolls
1. Preheat your grill.
2. To a mixing bowl, add your ground beef and General Wong Sauce. Mix together until evenly combined. Form into 12 equal patties.
3. Place your burgers on the grill. Let cook approximately 7 minutes on the first side. Once they get a good crust and are half-way cooked, flip and let finish on the second side (approximately 4 minutes).
4. After your burgers are cooked to your preferred doneness, remove from the grill and let rest.
5. To assemble your sandwiches, place your burger on the bottom of the bun, top with Hot Pickled Onions and a spoonful of the Bleu Cheese Cream Sauce. Finish with the top of the bun, serve and enjoy.
- If you can’t find Oriental Wok’s General Wong’s Sauce, you can either order it online at the link, or you can substitute any Asian sauce that is earthy, a little salty, and a bit spicy.
- Because this is a beef burger you don’t have to worry as much about it being completely cooked throughout the burger; cook to taste.
- I love the General Wong sauce because it complements the flavor of the beef. The red onions add texture, zip, and spice, and the sauce adds moisture and richness. It is all amazingly good!